At Home With The Hinsons

Monday, January 25, 2010

Dr. Mom

Hi all!
Today's post is brought to you by Dr. Mom.
Not that I'm formally trained as a doctor,
I'm just informally trained as a Mom who know's her kid's symptoms. :)

Here's how it started...
Last Tuesday James came home from school sick.
He said his stomach hurt and he threw up.
By dinner time he seemed fine.
Although still a little whiny he went back to school the next day.
Over the weekend he had a sore throat, body aches, and a fever.
At times I thought he was deathly ill
and then he'd be running around playing.
Then this morning I begin to put it all together.
We went to see Dr. Dan, just to confirm my suspicions.
Oh yeah, and get an antibiotic.
Because although Dr. Mom may diagnose,
she can't write prescriptions.
A nasty throat swab later we have a diagnosis,
Strep Throat.
Not that I wanted him to be sick,
but don't cha just love it when Dr. Mom is right?!




So I'm babying my patient today,
while attempting to get some Mama Work done. :)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww...poor guy. Hope he's feeling much better soon. Don't you wish that sometimes we Dr. Moms could just write our own prescriptions and save the formalities of a doctor's appointment? After all, we usually are correct with our diagnosis :)

Oh, and thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog. It's always nice to hear something nice about yourself :) Thanks for making me smile! Blessings, Angie

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I just adore hearing from you!