At Home With The Hinsons

Monday, March 22, 2010

Simple Kid's Wall Decor

Hi all!
I've been meaning to share this project I did last weekend.
I was in the mood for a quick and simple craft.
I looked for inspiration in my craft supplies.
When I came across two wooden J's,
I knew I'd found what I was looking for!
I started by painting the sides of the J.
Then I traced and cut out a J on scrapbook paper.

I modge-podged my scrapbook paper in place.
Next I topped it with a layer of clear spray acrylic. 
Here are both of the boy's J's drying.

Because I'm OCD I had to make sure the back was pretty too.

And one last time,
here's James' bright colored J
& Joseph's school themed J.
I'm going to hang James' over his bed
and Joseph's with his football team pictures.
Speaking of hanging...
I tried stapling a ribbon on the back to hang it from.
The staple went through the front.
Then I tried to attach a picture hanger
but that didn't work out so well either.
SO, I'm planning to drill a small hole
on the back to hang them from.
Whew, who knew hanging my decor 
would be the hard part?? 
I'll post pics once I have them hung in the boys' rooms.

Please tell me, what do you think...
Did you think my simple
& quick project turn out too cute?
Should I make an H to hang on the front door??
Oh so many projects, so little crafting time! ; >
I'm linking up to the DIY Showoff
and Today's Creative Blog.
Click on over if you're looking for even more inspiration!

7 comments:

Tempest Ahoy said...

They are great! What about a Command hanging strip, I love em.

Rachel said...

What about just plain hot glue?

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

I love these! I've been wanting to make some for my kids but just haven't yet. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Unknown said...

great find, great idea. i love that they are really cute, but still totally appropriate for a boy's room. that is a hard balance, and you found it.

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

These turned out great! I love letter monograms {and numbers too} so this is right up my alley! Thanks for sharing - Happy Spring!

Shaunna said...

Very Cute! Doesn't it just make you happy to do something to brighten up your kids' world? Especially if it's thrifty too! Thanks for stopping by my blog; so very nice to meet you! -shaunna :)

Simply Domestic said...

How cute!! I've just found your blog and I love it.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I just adore hearing from you!