At Home With The Hinsons

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spending Saturday Skating

Hi all!
I hope you're enjoying a rainy, lazy afternoon.
Yesterday was bea-u-ti-ful!
The sun and warm weather was perfect.
Andy & Joseph spent the morning doing yard work,
while James and I did some house work.
After lunch it was time to shower
and head out to a birthday party.

Drake is James' bestest buddy.
They've been best friends since their days
together at the Breastfeeding Support Group.

If I've said it once I've said it a million times,
those boys are like peas & carrots!
They get along so well and watch out for each other.
Needless to say we were excited
to celebrate Drake's special day with him.
And the best part?
It was a skating party!

Once we got settled in the boys laced up their skates
and hit the floor.
Sometimes, quite literally!
We totally enjoyed watching the boys skate.
That's when I got a wild hair,
borrowed a pair of socks,
and traded in my Keen Mary Jane's for skates.
Yep, that's right all those hours spent skating
as a child came right back to me. :)
After a few shaky laps,
I convinced Andy to join me.
I don't think we'll be getting speed skates anytime soon,
but we sure did make some great memories together!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Did you do a backwards skate? Please tell me they played some Michael Jackson or Debbie Gibson.

Kala said...

LOL! Oh how I used to love me some skating at the the rink! Those were the days weren't they? Kudos to you and Andy for being kids at heart :)

Franny/Grannie said...

This reminds me of the birthday parties Andy and his sister Christine attended during their younger days in Jackson, AL. However, they were far more limber than they are now. When we saw Andy late Sat. afternoon, he was whining (HA!) about his feet "killing him!" Memories are made of this!!!
Love, The Fran

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I just adore hearing from you!