At Home With The Hinsons

Saturday, September 5, 2009

James' Window Mistreatment

Good morning ya'll, and happy Labor Day!
Not only is this a four day weekend here At Home With The Hinsons,
it's also kick off to another Auburn football season!!!
Tonight we're having my in-laws over for a small football party.
But you know I can't chill on the couch without feeling like my work is done.
So I needed a little crafty creation to propel my Saturday cleaning spree.

We've been in our house for almost two years now.
Although it's somewhat put together, nothing is done.
Since this is the view of James' room as I walk down the hall...
I felt a window treatment was a great little project for this morning.

Yes it's messy, I'm just keeping it real. ;>

I've been looking for the perfect/affordable curtain and rod. Which is exactly why his window is still naked! But with help from the Nester, I remembered that it Doesn't Have To Be Perfect To Be Beautiful. Check her out, she's so much fun to follow! :D


I took this rod
( donated from my sister a couple of yard sales ago )
and these curtain clips
( $3.99 at Tuesday Mornings yesterday ).

James' first big boy bed was bunk beds. Since he got his new bed last December we've had twice the bedding. It's Pottery Barn so even though we've used and abused it, it still looks great.

As I was hanging the curtain rod ( which was no small feet I might add ) I remembered the extra bedding. I took this flat sheet and ironed it.

I attached the curtain clips and **SqUeAL** it looks SO MUCH BETTER!!!
I can't believe I've waited so long to tackle this project.
It makes me smile every time I walk by.
HOORAY!!! :D

So go ahead, gush, tell me how much you love it
and then, tell me your honest opinion.
Should I fold more over in the front?
Hang it higher??
Come on girls, help a sista out! ;>
And while you're showing me some love,
have a great weekend!!!

Afternoon Edit:
After living with it for a few hours I thought I'd try tweaking it.
I folded more so it hangs ike a curtain.
Whacha think now?!

God's blessings, Sarah

6 comments:

Kelly B said...

I really like it!! I couldn't do that in my boys' room. They tend to pull things down, but they are going to have to learn how to restrain themselves. I think it is always better when it is recycling and you already know he loves the sheets. Fabulous!! ;0)

Kristin @ wRIte iT DOwN said...

Really cute, I like it shorter like a curtain.

Thanks for your comment over at my blog about my laundry room! Thought I would check your blog out. I cannot believe our similarities, I have 2 boys both names starting with J's (Joey & Jacob) and we had a dog named Maggie Mae - she lives with another family now but I have always loved that name.

Have a good week! Kristin
http://kheaney-writeitdown.blogspot.com/

Blondie said...

I think it looks great (longer or shorter, but I think I prefer the shorter look because it feels more "curtainy" that way).

Yep, curtainy is definitely a word.

And on a related note, I spent an hour yesterday revamping the way my laundry room looks by adding a $7 shelf and mistreatment, a la Nester, made of placemats. Lurv it!

And on an unrelated note, I have a cat named Maggie Mae (we call her "Moo Moo") and I noticed you and I have a penchant for pretty toile-y blog designs. :-)

Have a great week!
Nikki

Kimmy said...

What an adorable boys room!! I love the new curtains, adds a perfect touch!

Barbie said...

Love it both ways. Kinda liked it longer but it is nice to have more sun shining in.

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on my beadboard backsplash. I am looking forward to checking out more of your blog!

Room to Inspire said...

It is a great touch to the room. I think the shorter length looks more finished. And I love the price tag on this bad boy!

Chelsea

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I just adore hearing from you!