At Home With The Hinsons

Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Tweet Candy Jar

Hi all!
Remember the Home Is Where Your Mama Is snack jar?
The last one was so fun,
I decided to try another one.
This time I used a smaller jar.
I think it was $2 at the Dollar General,
which by the way is my new favorite store.
I added a birdie and branch in brown vinyl.
I used the Home Decor cartridge
with my beloved Cricut.
To make the bird a little more girly
I topped her off with a tiny flower on her head.
Then for the last detail,
I added another flower to the lid.
I stuffed it full of yummy candy,
wrapped it and sent it to school with James.
This was his teacher's Tweet Valentine.
So do tell, what do you think?!
I'm linking up with TCB & DIY Showoff.
Click on the link to check out other fabulous projects.




Today's Creative Blog,
my long time favorite & first bloggy crush.
What can I say,
TCB had me at the black & white paisley! :)
The DIY Show Off
Check out the DIY showoff as well,
they host fabulous project ideas!
Thanks for flittering by. :)

10 comments:

Patricia said...

this is adorable!
i too love dollar general!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Cuteness!!! Who doesn't need a cute jar to house bite size candy!! Very nice!
Blessings,
Kim

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking your son's teacher is probably pretty happy that your son has such a creative mom! Very cute!

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking your son's teacher is probably pretty happy that your son has such a creative mom! Very cute!

Melissa said...

Great job!

Anonymous said...

what an awesome idea, and a great job doing it! I'm going to have to try this!

{edie} said...

Oh you crafty girl, you!
hugs,
edie

Kim -today's creative blog said...

Cute jar...but you forgot to link to me. ***pouting with arms crossed***

Sarah Lou said...

Oh that is super super cute!! Love it lots!!

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

So cute! Love the little bird.
Thanks for the sweet comment on my PB playroom.

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I just adore hearing from you!