At Home With The Hinsons

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tooth Fairy Update

Remember the tooth fairy story?
Yes I know, it was entertaining wasn't it?!

Since James got money in exchange for his tooth, he is obsessed with the tooth fairy.
He is always wiggling his teeth and updating me on which tooth is loose.
He has even stooped so low as asking Joseph to punch him in the mouth!
I am doing my best mommy job of explaining to James why all of this is inappropriate.
But, those of you who know James realize I have my work cut out for me.

I thought I'd share with you the latest installment.
But first a little background.
I am a girl living in a boy world.
Yep that's right I am totally misunderstood!
We have two bathrooms, I ONLY use my own.
Therefore, I'm not ashamed to say this...
Sometimes when I take off my bra I hang it on the bathroom door handle.
(Please say that someone else out there does the same?!)

Now on with the update.

Yesterday morning started unlike any other.
The boys had just finished eating breakfast.
While I got their clothes ready I sent them to brush their teeth.
I sent James into my bathroom, just to avoid any brotherly chaos.

After several minutes I went to check on him.
I noticed that the bathroom door was partially closed and I didn't hear any water running.
Hmm, wonder what he's up to??
I quietly walked towards the door to peak through the crack.
James had hooked my bra onto his tooth and with my bra still attached to the door handle he was slamming it shut!
He had rigged up a way to pull another tooth!!!

I busted through that door like the new sheriff in town.
James got "popped" for not doing as he was told AND for disobeying my instructions to stop prematurely pulling his teeth.
I wish you could have seen the look on his face!

God, thank you for blessing me with a sense of humor.
I now realize that it is a prerequisite for motherhood.
Thank you also for blessing me with children who keep me laughing.
Every good and perfect gift is from above.
I look forward to MANY more entertaining stories! :D

1 comments:

Sarah said...

This is hilarious...from one who lives in that boy-world too!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I just adore hearing from you!