At Home With The Hinsons

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Ingenious Invites

Hi everyone, I'm back with another crafty creation.
After ya'll bragged on the corner cabinet redo, I couldn't pass up this opportunity to share!

Joseph's thirteenth birthday is coming up soon.
Now that we've decided what kind of party he's having, it's time for me to whip up some invites.
I have always printed my own invites.
Birthdays, Christmas parties, house blessings, etc... all homemade!
Don't get me wrong, I love the look of the professional ones.
I just don't love the price.
Not to mention that I can usually do them so much faster.
So here's what I did.

First, I had to run to the Hobby Lobby for supplies and inspiration.
I found my background paper on the clearance isle... SCORE!!!
At 35 cents per 12x12 page I bought all they had.
I'd rather have too much than too little. (is that just a southern thing?)
Since the background was so busy I decided to print the invite on white card stock.
Card stock is a must have at my house, so we'll count it as free.
Good deal, so far we're only a couple of dollars into this.
Next I found these adorable "Spare Parts" brads.
They were $2.99 for a pack of 50.


Last but not least James picked out the aqua colored envelopes.
They were in a 12 count pack for $2.99.


Phase two was the fun part!
Luckily I remembered to take pictures.
I just love a tutorial with pictures!

It took me a little while to come up with the wording.
I looked online at tons of invitations for ideas.
Once I decided on my wording I typed and printed my invites.
Luckily I was using the card stock that I own in bulk.
So, when Joseph said that "slumber party" was too girly it was easy to change to "sleep over" and reprint!
I printed them 2 per page and trimmed them down to size.
I trimmed the background paper as well.
Using my industrial strength paper trimmer helped the job to go fast.


Next I rounded all the corners with my handy dandy corner rounder.
Oh how I love to round corners!
Then I lined up the invites and punched holes in the top corners.
Finally, I attached the card stock to the background papers with the colored brads.


There you have it, ingenious invites.

Voila!!! :D

And just look at how proud these sweet boys are of their crafty mama!

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh wow! You did a great job on those! I think they are adorable. I may steal your idea for my son's birthday invites!

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I just adore hearing from you!